Liberty Center One is a privately owned Michigan Limited Liability Corporation and is part of the Beach Holdings Group. The origin of Liberty Center One dates back to the mid 90’s with the formation of Web Elite, a software development company in Ann Arbor, MI which was purchased by Beach Holdings in 2001.
Web Elite works with many national and international firms to web-enable their management, sales, distribution and operational processes and also delivered several innovative software products. Some of these projects include:
- Web-enabled Supplier Suggestion System.
- Motion Point of Sale System
- Multiple e-commerce platforms
- ERP Capacity Management System
- Learning Management System
- Supplier Management Portal
- Pathway Electric Vehicle Distribution
In all cases, Web Elite subsequently provided hosting services and ongoing application support and management after writing the software. Web Elite’s hosting expertise enveloped several automotive manufacturers’ worldwide hosting standards and enabled it to be recognized as having some of the highest uptime applications in the industry.
As Web Elite’s hosting practice grew, it became apparent that the outsourcing of management of the supporting data center infrastructure hindered its ability to deliver services to meet the high availability needs of its customers. A comprehensive analysis of outsourcing options in the region revealed that:
- Data center providers in SE Michigan were not managed in an enterprise fashion with compliance to process and organizational standards.
- Most existing colocation providers were using re-built telco or DR facilities that did not have the power or cooling infrastructure to support the dense power needs of newer servers.
- Most colocation providers did not have a customer service orientation.
In 2007, the present Liberty Center One site was procured and construction began. The site was formerly a tool and die facility which provided the benefits of a light industrial building (ample power delivery, concrete floors, masonry block and brick construction) and also afforded the opportunity to create the proper infrastructure for a high density data center without being design-restricted by a previous data center use.
The facility’s location also provides the tactical benefit of being in close proximity to a wide number of fiber trunks from various carriers within a manageable distance.
Prior to construction, data center requirements were gathered from several Fortune 100 customers, which were used to guide the design of the facility.
Liberty Center One went production live on April 1, 2008. The initial build utilized the building’s prior tool room as a separately firewalled electrical service room and an 8,000 square foot warehouse area was subdivided into two data room floors. The first 4,000 square foot floor was made available upon opening and the second 4,000 data room was opened in 2013.
Liberty focuses on providing high availability services in a high density environment, managed the way an enterprise level company would manage their own data center. The customers served range from some of the largest, well-known firms in the world to small and medium sized Michigan firms as well as start-ups and other US-based and foreign businesses. The most common business types that we work with include:
- Application Service Providers
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Managed Service Providers
- Content Delivery Networks
- Logistics Management